Fallopian Tube me Blockage – Fallopian tubes are also called uterus tubes that are on either side of the uterus and mix the mature eggs from the ovary with the active sperm present in the uterus. Due to fallopian tube blockage, the egg does not reach the uterus and neither sperm is able to reach the egg, due to which the reproductive process remains incomplete. The inefficiency of this process also has many effects on pregnancy. Blockage problems can occur in one or both tubes and fallopian tube blockage is the cause of infertility in women in 40% of cases
Symptoms of fallopian tube blockage:
Most women do not even know that there can be any kind of problem in their tube, unless they try to become pregnant. Fallopian tube closure may be symptoms such as pain in the urine, pain during periods and pain during sexual activity. It is advisable to consult a doctor if this is felt. A type of blocked fallopian tube called Hydrosalpinx (this is a sign of impending infection / pathology) causing the tube to swell and fill with fluid. Abdominal pain, pelvic pain and abnormal vaginal discharge may occur
Causes of fallopian tube blockage
If a woman has a fallopian tube block, she should visit a fertility specialist to find out what the problem is behind it. There may be several reasons behind the fallopian tube block. like-
- An inflammatory pelvic disease that can give rise to scar tissues and infections in tissues and which can cause hydrosalpinx blocking the tubes.
- Sexually transmitted diseases can block Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea tubes.
- Tuberculosis affects the chances of conception in the fallopian tubes and uterus.
- If there has ever been surgery in the fallopian tubes before, it can be the cause of blockage.
- A preoperative operation for ectopic pregnancy is also one of the causes of fallopian tube blockage.
- The growth of the associated fibroids near the uterus can produce blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- In endometriosis, endometrial tissue may accumulate in the fallopian tubes and cause an obstruction. Adhesions can also cause a tubal blockage due to the development of endometrial tissues on the outer parts of other organs.
Sometimes a rare cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes can be a congenital blockage in the tube.
Treatment for fallopian tube blockage
Even after a fallopian tube is closed, the woman may have a chance of pregnancy. There are two types of obstructions in the fallopian tube in general. If a fallopian tube is blocked, women can still become pregnant because one egg can still reach the uterus through another fallopian tube. However, if both tubes are completely blocked, it would not be possible to conceive without treatment.
Treatment of fallopian tube blockage depends on the severity of the problem.
- If there has been an operation in the tube before, the fallopian tube may be blocked due to scarring on the tissues. If the scar is not very complex and is small in volume, blockage can be removed by laparoscopy surgery.
- Surgery may be performed to repair a damaged fallopian tube.
- If the tubes are very severely damaged, it can affect fertility. To avoid this, it may be advisable to proceed with IVF technology.
Fallopian tube blockage success story
My name is Hansika. My marriage had been over 6 years, yet my dream of becoming a mother was incomplete. Even after many attempts, the only failure was our hands. For this reason, I started feeling very upset and I had given up all my hopes. Then one day I came to know about the Medicare Fertility Clinic from a relative of mine. I talked to my husband and family about it and with their consent we decided to go there the next day. The doctor at Medicover listened carefully to our whole thing and got some tests done. Tests reports showed that I could not conceive due to my fallopian tube block. Going home, I searched the internet for Fallopian Tube Ki Jankari. The doctor advised us to get IVF done. Also explained to us about the IVF process and politely answered our every question. Through the IVF process we have got the happiness of a child. I would like to thank Medicare Fertility wholeheartedly that they helped us in turning my dream into reality.
Fallopian tube blockage and pregnancy
Due to blockage in the fallopian tubes, fertilization of sperm and eggs is not possible. For this reason, the process of fertilization is different.
If a woman is trying to conceive, treatment of fallopian tube obstruction is not possible without surgery. However, sometimes the HSG test (test to check for obstruction in the fallopian tubes) can help to overcome it if the blockage is very less.
To increase the chances of pregnancy in the problem of fallopian tube blockage, a woman is advised to get IVF.
If a tube is closed, the probability of pregnancy will be reduced by half because one cannot predict which ovaries will release the egg. Therefore, doctors recommend fertility drugs for the fallopian tube which is open, which can increase the chances of ovulation.
Treatment of fallopian tube block in medicare fertility
Medicover Fertility Clinics are among the best fertility clinics in Europe, now present in India. We have a team of highly dedicated and experienced doctors, who are fully capable of successfully treating the problem related to childlessness. Here the treatment of high success rate is provided by the use of the Assisted Reproductive Technique i.e. ART. Blocked fallopian tubes are a common cause of childbirth in women for which Medicover Fertility has undergone several successful treatments. Surgery of blocked tubes can cause some complications such as infection, scarring in the tissue, which may increase the chances of ectopic pregnancy. IVF is recommended in these cases. Medicover Fertility through their services has helped them fulfill the dreams of the couple who wish to have children.