Thyroid ke Lakshan – Thyroid disease has engulfed a large population. Although it is generally considered a disease of women. But it is not right to believe that men do not have this problem. Here are the symptoms and other problems of Thyroid. If you have these symptoms, consult a doctor immediately. Thyroid problems occur mostly in women. But due to an unbalanced lifestyle, this problem is also increasing in men. Thyroid symptoms are very similar in men and women. In the initial stages, this disease can cause weight gain, tiredness and muscle weakness. These minor symptoms make it difficult to recognize the disease. But ignoring it may cost you dearly. So how to identify thyroid and what is its treatment.
The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland that lies inside the neck and just above the collarbone. It is a type of endocrine glands, called endocrine. This gland produces two hormones (Hormones) called triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (Th4) in the body. The function of these hormones is to maintain metabolic activity. This disease is caused by more or less active thyroid gland. There are two types of thyroid. The first is hyperthyroidism and the second is hypothyroidism. Thyroid symptoms in men also depend on its type.
What is hypothyroidism?
Thyroid disease is also known as hypothyroidism. This is a common disorder, which needs to be treated at the right time, not to panic. Hypothyroidism is seen as divided into two parts. These are called primary and central hypothyroidism.
Difference between primary and secondary hypothyroidism –
–Primary hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland does not produce the required amount of thyroid hormone. Such a condition is mostly caused by iodine deficiency.
–Secondary hypothyroidism: A condition called when the thyroid gland is functioning correctly but the pituitary gland and a part of the brain, the hypothalamus, may not function properly.
Also Read : 4 best workouts for diabetes patients
Symptoms of hypothyroidism:
Symptoms of this disease can be very minor and vary from patient to patient. Some common symptoms seen in most patients of hypothyroidism are …
- Skin orientation
- Voice change
- Hair fall fast
- Stay occupied
- Feeling tired
- Muscle Cramps
- Can not tolerate even the slightest cold
- Problem with sleeping
- Periods related problems
- Increase fat
- Automatic white discharge from breasts
- Drinking shortness
- Skin color change
These are also symptoms–
Sometimes depression, anxiety, memory loss, or other mental disorders are seen in some patients of hypothyroidism. During this time the person feels lonely, lethargic, and emotionally very weak. He may also find it difficult to remember things related to the daily routine.
Also Read : 4 best workouts for diabetes patients
Take these Symptoms Seriously –
There are some symptoms of hypothyroidism, which we usually do not understand as symptoms of the disease. The main characteristics are as follows.
- Speak slowly and walk slowly
- Large sore throat
- Hair curt and lifeless
- Skin yellowing
- Featured facial expressions
- The abnormal shape of the tongue
- Feeling the very light heartbeat
When should I get thyroid checked?
According to the American Thyroid Association, thyroid should be started by the age of 35 and it should be checked regularly after every 5 years. So that you can avoid this serious disease. This is for both women and men. However, thyroid disease is seen to be associated with women.
The thyroid must be examined under certain circumstances of life. Because at that time there is a high probability of falling into this disease. These people must do their own investigation…
- Women over 60 years old
- Pregnant women.
- Those who have had radiation therapy of neck and head.
- Those who are struggling with an autoimmune disorder.
- Those with type-1 diabetes.
- Whose thyroid peroxidase antibodies are formed in the blood.
- Has a family history related to thyroid disease
Symptoms of Thyroid in Men :
If the amount of thyroid hormones T3-T4 is low in the body and TSH hormones are high then this condition is of hypothyroid whereas if the number of thyroid hormones T3-T4 is high and TSH hormones are low then this condition is of hyperthyroid. is. Men are more prone to hyperthyroid problems.
There can be many reasons behind the thyroid but they can be divided into three broad categories. Genetic, natural, and diet-related. Thyroid symptoms are so common in men that many times they do not recognize their severity. If you are feeling this change in yourself then get a thyroid test done.
1. Excessive tiredness or stress can be a sign of thyroid changes such as tired too soon, sleep disturbances, needless irritation, restlessness, stress, and mood changes.
2. Increased appetite The thyroid problem has a direct effect on our metabolism, due to which food is digested very quickly and there is frequent hunger. Often, the stomach is also very bad in this condition and there is a problem of constipation.
3. Mild pain in muscles In the case of hyperthyroid, there is a pain in muscles, bones, and joints.
4. Excessive sweating: Due to excessive metabolism in the body, men either sweat too much or sweat less. Sometimes there is a lot of discomfort along with sweat.
5. Body swelling – Sometimes, swelling in some parts of the body, such as the face, eyes, fingers, etc., is also a sign of thyroid.
Why is thyroid treatment necessary?
If hypothyroidism is not treated in time, this disease sometimes leads the person to a state of coma or can even lead to death. On the other hand, if the children struggling with thyroid are not treated at the right time, then they can cause fatal mental disorders. According to the information, most of the people suffering from this disease die due to heart failure.
Also Read: 4 best workouts for diabetes patients
Methods of investigation :
- In primary hypothyroidism, serum TSH level and T4 level are checked. In case of illness, their level is either lower or higher than normal.
- Secondary hypothyroidism examines levels of T4 and antithyroid antibodies.
Effect of Correct Treatment:
If the treatment of hypothyroidism is done properly, then the symptoms of this disease stop appearing within a few weeks or months in the victim. By determining your lifestyle on regular checkups and on the advice of a doctor, you can also stay away from thyroid problems.