If you are tired of trying many remedies to lose weight, then try this seed and see the magic. Sabja seeds are called basil seeds. It is a seed that is a powerhouse of nutrition and is loaded with the qualities of immunity boosting. This seed, which looks like chia seed, is also known as tukmaria seeds in English. You can also include these seeds in your weight loss diet plan, especially those included in beverages and desserts.
What do experts say about Sabja Seed?
“Protein, fiber, vitamin-A, vitamin-K, carbohydrate, omega-3 fatty acids, digestive enzymes And because of the presence of many minerals, the benefits of Sabja seed are countless. Its effect is cold, so these seeds are useful in the treatment of diseases caused by Vata dosha. To get maximum benefit from basil seeds, always use them by soaking them in water. This releases digestive enzymes that benefit the body. ”
Nutrients present in Sabja Seed
Basil seeds have a very low calorie content. A tablespoon (10 grams) of basil seeds contains about two grams of carbohydrates, five grams of fats and five grams of fiber. Apart from this, it is also rich in anti-oxidants, minerals, magnesium, iron, fatty acids, potassium, folic acid etc.
How to use Sabja seed to reduce obesity?
Along with workouts for weight loss, if basil seeds are consumed, it can help in weight loss quickly. “Soaked Sabja seeds soaked in water are more effective for weight loss.” For this, soak two teaspoons of Sabja Seed (Basil seeds) in a cup of water overnight and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. If you want, you can also add honey to it. ”
How does Sabja seed work for weight loss?
Basil seeds are found in high amounts of alpha-linolenic acid – ALA which is derived from omega-3 fatty acids present in seeds. It increases metabolism and burns excess fat from the body. The stomach is full for a long time due to the high amount of fiber found in basil seeds. It does not cause hunger for a long time. For weight loss, Sabja seeds can be eaten by mixing them with curd or it can also be included in fruit salad.
What can Basil seeds be used for?
Sabja seeds can be used in many types of dishes as its flavor is easily found in any dish. Basil seeds can be added to these recipes. like-
6. Bread and muffins
What are the benefits of Sabza Seed?
1. The benefits of Sabja seed are not limited to weight loss only. Its use is also beneficial for the stomach. These seeds help reduce acidity and improve digestion.
2. The use of basil seeds provides relief in sugar. Tulsi seeds are beneficial in the treatment of diabetes type 2 by reducing sugar in the blood.
3. Basil seeds have a cool effect. In summer, Sabja seed can be used in beverages. Sabja seeds can be used in a variety of drinks such as Faluda, lemonade and sorbet.
4. Sabja seeds help in reducing the level of LDL or bad cholesterol. The medicinal properties found in basil seeds are atherosclerosis, removal of plaque in arteries and blood vessels. This reduces the stress on the heart thus reducing the chances of heart attack and stroke.
5. For the treatment of bad digestive system or constipation, Sabja i.e. basil seeds have been considered very good. The use of these seeds helps the body in detoxification. This keeps the digestive system healthy.
6. It has been found in many researches that the use of Sabja seed also reduces mental stress. Actually, its use helps in reducing the level of stress hormones in the body. For this reason, regular intake of basil seeds is helpful in reducing depression.
7. Sabja seeds are used as home remedies for dry and lifeless hair. Its seeds contain sufficient amount of vitamins, iron and protein which are responsible for the good health of the hair.
8. Rich in essential vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, and minerals, Sabja seeds are a major part of the PCOS treatment regimen. These seeds control irregular periods and hormonal problems.
9. Sabja beach serves to cool the stomach, it is beneficial for people who have stomach irritation problem. For cold stomach, it can be taken with cold beverages.
11. Taking it soaked in water also benefits the body.
12. Basil seeds ie Sabja plant compound are rich. It also contains flavonoids and other polyphenols. During the study it has been revealed that consuming flavonoids also reduces heart disease risk. Basil seeds act to kill the extract of harmless bacteria. Also, cancer triggers cells. Studies have been done in this regard in the test tube, but no such study has been done in humans.
What are the disadvantages of Sabja Seed?
The benefits of sabja seeds are immense but, its use can also cause some disadvantages. Basil seeds are responsible for the fluctuations of hormones in the body. Therefore, pregnant women should avoid the use of basil seeds. Similarly, the use of vegetable seeds is also prohibited in some health conditions. At the same time, if you are taking some medicines, then please consult the doctor before using basil seeds. Use of it without advice can cause harm to the body instead of the benefits of Sabja seed.
Sabja seed has been an integral part of Ayurvedic treatment for thousands of years. Sabja seed has been used for a long time in the treatment of diseases related to Vata and Pitta. Although the benefits of Sabja seed are numerous, it is not necessarily beneficial for everyone’s body. In such a situation, it is better to consult a doctor before using basil seeds.