In today’s time, diabetes is very common. Diabetes has high blood sugar levels for a long time. Due to high level of blood sugar, there is a problem of frequent urination, thirst and increased appetite. A person’s pancreas does not produce enough insulin due to diabetes. If this condition persists for a long time, then the patient is prone to many diseases.
Foods to be Eaten in Diabetes
Sugar patient should always eat fruit or other food items carefully. Otherwise, the sugar of the diabetic patient will be high, which can prove to be fatal. As soon as diabetes is known, patients immediately start consuming Ayurvedic or allopathy medicine of sugar, whereas instead of doing so, they should first focus on their diet. Let’s know what diabetics should eat:
1. Bananas also contain a good amount of carbohydrates. Diabetes patients should not eat a banana in full and consume half a banana at a time.
2. Diabetes patient should eat one or half apple daily. Apples contain abundant antioxidants. It reduces cholesterol levels and makes digestion good.
3. The fruit of guava is very beneficial for the patient of diabetes. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C and a good dietary fiber dietary fiber. It contains small amounts of sugar.
4. Pears have a good amount of vitamins and dietary fiber. It is a nutritious fruit in diabetes.
5. Peach fruit contains essential nutrients and contains a small amount of sugars, so their glycemic index is low, so a diabetic patient should consume it.
6. The fruit of berries is also beneficial for the patient of diabetes. It helps in reducing blood sugar.
What diabetics or sugar patients should not eat ?
It is most important for diabetics to avoid dieting. With the help of proper abstinence and exercise, you can control diabetes to a great extent. Let us know what things should be avoided.
1. Diabetes patients should not eat these fruits due to high levels of sugar in some fruits. For example, grape, cherry, pineapple, banana, dry fruits and sweet fruit juice should not be taken.
2. A small grape also contains about one gram of carbohydrate. Therefore, a diabetic patient should not consume it.
3. Just like grapes, one cherry contains one gram of carbohydrate, so it should not be eaten in large quantities.
4. Ripe pineapples have high levels of sugar, so the diabetic patient should not eat or take small amounts of it occasionally.
5. A slice mango contains about 25-30 grams of carbohydrate. It increases blood sugar levels. Therefore, avoid mango consumption.
6. Do not take too much of dry fruits. Especially raisins or dry fruits containing sugar or chocolate available in the market should not be consumed at all.
7. Sweet fruit juice should also not be consumed. Diabetes patients should not take juice unless there is a condition of hyperglycemia in the body. Eat fruit instead of juice.
Diabetes Diet Chart
To control diabetes, it is necessary to first make changes in diet and lifestyle. Otherwise it becomes difficult to control the sugar. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder. Everything we eat in it gets converted into glucose and spreads throughout the body through blood. The insulin hormone then converts glucose into energy. Due to diabetes, either insulin is not produced in sufficient quantity in the body or the body is unable to use insulin properly.
Therefore, the body cannot convert sugars, starch and other food into energy. Therefore, a person’s diet depends on his blood pressure level, routine, exercise habits, body composition. A diabetic patient should have 60 percent carbohydrate, 20 percent fat and 20 percent protein. 1500-1800 must be taken throughout the day. Two seasonal fruits and three types of vegetables must be eaten daily. Non-vegetarian should not be consumed, especially red meat should not be consumed at all. It is better that you follow the diabetes diet table mentioned below.
Diabetes Diet Table:
1. After waking up in the morning, drink half a teaspoon of fenugreek powder in a glass of water, or soak barley in water overnight and filter it and drink it in the morning.
2. After one hour you can have 2-3 biscuits with sugar free tea and light sweet.
3. One bowl of sprouted grains and unbaked milk or one to two bowls of oatmeal and brown bread for breakfast. Two oiled parathas and a cup of curd, wheat flakes and cream without milk.
4. Eat a guava, apple, orange or papaya before lunch.
5. Eat two rotis, a small bowl of rice, a bowl of lentils, a bowl of vegetables, a yogurt and a plate salad.
6. You can have green tea without sugar and light sweet biscuits or any baked snacks in the evening breakfast.
7. Eat two rotis and a bowl of vegetables at dinner.
8. Drink a quarter teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of warm milk before bedtime.
Points to be remember in diabetes
Keep in mind that if you are a diabetic patient, then eat food at short intervals, because eating a lot of food together increases the level of sugar in the blood very fast. Divide the food into five parts throughout the day and eat small amounts each time.
1. The diabetic’s diet should be rich in fiber, such as carbohydrates like wholemeal wheat bread, oats, etc., including peels, as they are slowly added to the bloodstream.
2. Grind 2-2 kg of wheat and barley with one kg of gram. Use flour with this bran to make bread.
3. Vegetables include bitter gourd, fenugreek, drumstick, spinach, trumpet, turnip, brinjal, tinda, amaranth, parwal, gourd, radish, cauliflower, bokli, tomato, cauliflower, soybean big, black gram, beans, capsicum, green leafy vegetables diet. Add to Take soup made from them as well.
4. To remove weakness, take raw coconut, walnuts, peanuts, cashew nuts, isabgol, soyabean, curd and buttermilk etc.
5. Grind 25 grams of linseed and knead it in the intestine to make bread. Linseed helps in controlling blood sugar.
6. Consumption of green tea is very beneficial for the diabetes patient. The antioxidants present in it keep the person healthy. Both green tea or black tea should be consumed without milk and sugar.
Lifestyle to Control Diabetes in Diabetes
Diabetes patients should pay special attention to diet as well as lifestyle. Adopting a bad lifestyle can increase the sugar problem. Let us know what lifestyle of sugar patients should adopt.
1. Walk for half an hour every morning.
2. Exercise daily for a while in the morning and evening.
3. Do yoga and pranayam daily.
4. Live a stress free life
5. Avoid alcohol and smoking.